Empire: If you're not in it, you're below it.
The Empire covers the surface world. Everything that is not in the caves is on the surface.
By exclusion, that reasoning would require everything that is not present both above and below (or in the caves below Exile) to be tagged either Empire or Avernum.
Therefore, the Empire tag is given only to articles relating directly to the government, military and culture of the Empire - merely being located within its jurisdiction isn't enough. The same applies to Avernum, by the way.
- If the same applies to Avernum, then we need to fix EE to treat it that way, beginning with the description of Category:Avernum which states "These articles relate to the Kingdom of Avernum or the caves."
- What about the Abyss. Does that count? It's ambiguous as to whether it's part of Avernum.
- There are a load of entries that need to be decat'ed as Avernum, then. Adze, Akhronath, Anastasia, Angierach, Athron, Aydin, Cult of the Sacred Item, Demons, Dragons, Elspeth, First Expedition, Fort Dolthar, Ghikra, Giant Lands, Glowing fungus, Grah-Hoth, Hmurr, Kazoth, Khoth, Kothtar, Last remaining exit, Mass teleporter, Motrax, Pyrog, Silverlocke, Sss-Thoss, Sulfras, The Twelve, Thralni (!), Tower of Elderan, Northern Waters, Waterfall Warrens.
- Some questionable ones: Cavewood (developed by Avernites), Demonslayer, Gold necklace, Julio (employed as mapmaker in e3), Onyx scepter.
- Have fun :-) --- Slarty 07:04, 5 May 2006 (CDT)
- Wait, wait. I wouldn't decategorize all of these, all though a lot of them apply, yes. Adze, Anastasia, Athron, Aydin, the Cult, Grah-Hoth, Hmurr, etc.
- Persons and organizations shouldn't be included. However, the geographic features of Exile should stay - and unless we are going to make a second category for Exile (requiring another category for the Surface for symmetry), there really isn't any place for them but Avernum.
- Empire geography stays in that category - Avernum geography can stay too. The First Expedition definitely belongs in the Avernum category - it's Avernum history. The last remaining exit should stay categorized too, as should the Abyss, northern waters, etc. I'd keep glowing fungus too, as it's a feature of Avernum and the caves. --Drakey 14:41, 5 May 2006 (CDT)
- Grah-Hoth ruled over the caves for an unspecified but very long period of time. So he should count, then, that's definitely the history of the caves. Giant lizards and gremlins are also features of the caves, by your glowing fungus metric. Yes, they also exist elsewhere -- and so does glowing fungus... I dunno. --- Slarty 17:47, 5 May 2006 (CDT)