- Sastor's Dome is in Exile II, and part of a colony of imps (you find it by an imp smithy). --Drakey
- Ah, okay. I think I also remember a demon colony north of the Vahnatai Lands in Avernum II, with some kind of bedroom that killed you if you were foolish enough to sleep. I'm not sure if that's the same though. Arancaytar | Send Reply! --- That is not dead which can eternal lie... 16:05, 25 January 2006 (CST)
- That's the one. It had a number of tricks like that. It was also called the "Lava Dome" and IIRC that was where you found the Mica Tome from which Rentar-Ihrno taught you Quickfire. ---Slartucker 17:09, 25 January 2006 (CST)
It seems this article is simply raking in the Google hits. If we were incorporated, the shareholders would by now be forcing us to rename EE to the Encyclopedia Inferna, heavily pepper it with ads, and fill it with contents about demons - all for the profit.
25 Oct, Thu, 19:45:12 Google: powerful demons 25 Oct, Thu, 22:38:40 Google: powerful demons 26 Oct, Fri, 01:33:26 Google: elemental forces spell 26 Oct, Fri, 01:47:54 Google: Math OAT adjacent 26 Oct, Fri, 03:51:12 Google: the most powerful demons 26 Oct, Fri, 04:33:40 Google: Types of demons 26 Oct, Fri, 06:03:34 Yahoo: types of demons and their powers 26 Oct, Fri, 06:15:35 Google: types of demons
- That's very interesting. I also noticed that Google often returns a Wikipedia page when I'm looking up a technical term. Is it possible that Google increases a page's rank because it is on a wiki? --Rakshasi2 08:59, 27 October 2007 (PDT)
- Specific to MediaWiki: Indirectly. Or on a Drupal site, or any well-written content management system whose pages are very accessible to search engines.
- Specific to Wikipedia: The articles are linked to from just about everywhere. This is after all one of the main criteria for the Google ranking.
- Why we get specific hits for demons I have no idea. Perhaps someone linked the article from somewhere; it's happened. Meh, as long as people don't email me to ask how to summon Cthulhu, I suppose it's fine. Something like this happened to people in another world-building project. -- Arancaytar | Send Reply! --- That is not dead which can eternal lie... 17:02, 27 October 2007 (PDT)