The many deaths of Thralni
- Thralni was first mentioned in his own entry as "slamming against a rock outcropping" and drowning, though this was later fixed.
- He is now said to have "succumbed to the powers of the Lich of Drath" in that entry.
- In this entry, he is killed by a fire trap while exploring the cave.
How did the man die?
- The first two are related and the second one is right. --Drakey
- I don't know if this was changed in A1, but quoting from Exile 1:
From the entrance to this cave, you see a scene of intense devastation. The east wall is black basalt, with a large door set into it. Apparently, someone set off a trap on the door, and the resulting explosion ravaged the room.
For the most part, very little of note remains of the bodies.
Under this blackened body, you find a bronze orb chased with silver, about 5 inches in diameter. It's much lighter than it looks.
- This is NOT in the Crypt of Drath, this is in the Stagnant Tunnels. There is also a spirit there (Ursula) who was on the expedition and complains about Thralni getting them killed, so that's definitely the location of his demise. Where does it say Drath was responsible? ---Slartucker 05:23, 12 January 2006 (CST)
Update: A1 presents the same scene. Also, Ursula now divulges the tasty tidbit that Thralni wasn't a mage at all. Who knew? --- Slartucker 15:46, 12 January 2006 (CST)
You say that there were five leaders and mention six that perish in your Deeds section. Unless Thralni wasn't a leader? --Drakey
- Thralni did not have a brooch. (The provenance of the one that ends up being sold in Mertis is unknown, but it seems a likely bet it came from Karzoth, since his body doesn't have one and his body may have been dragged across Exile. Much likelier than some merchant making it through the Warrens and the basilisks, then taking a brooch but ignoring a magic orb, anyway.) Various people say that each leader had a brooch. However, given Ursula's comments, you're right, he probably was some kind of important figure -- perhaps he was an Empire official, and not one of the adventurers? Maybe he deserves a special mention. --- Slartucker 20:14, 4 February 2006 (CST)