So... should the policy be amended to force a singular? Or should this one be moved, but the policy remain unchanged? Or should it stay where it is?
- I think we discussed this at one point and decided to use the plural for anything that is both generic and countable, whether or not it is sentient. There are numerous examples of this -- dread curses, aescal mushrooms, opening stones, etc. Singular would have been better, IMHO, but by the time we discussed it there were already some 70 bestiary articles in the plural with numerous links to them. There are even more now, plus other categories. Without some kind of panwiki grep it would be crazy to try and change all of those.
- Anyway, I can't see any examples of violation in Magic outside of those two articles (Glowing fungus is ambiguous but given that the article does not describe individual fungi I think it's fine), and I think the other categories follow that rule fine. So we should move those two articles.
- -- Slarty 05:45, 21 March 2007 (PDT)
- Remember that moves will keep a redirect. So we wouldn't have to change it all at the same time - just move one article at a time and gradually phase out the usage of the old term while revising the articles anyway.
- But I think that's something we could put off for later...