Avernum: Escape from the Pit what this means for the encyclopaedia
While playing through the remake I noticed that alot of stuff had been added or changed to fit in with the second trilogy or to clarify.
So how do we approach? As this seems to be a repeat of the Exile/Avernum Conflicts.
I suggest do this from a case by case thing.
- The fact that the major nephilim tribe active during A1 events was given a name? Add all that new stuff in. They are the Split-Tail Clan btw.
- Motrax clarifying how he is related to his siblings (Spoiler: He isn't blood related)? Nice! Expand that entry.
- Prince Hrothar being replaced by an nameless undead guardian? Keep the original.
- New Date (2185 vs. 747)? Screw. That.
- Pyrog's changed gender? I have no idea. Doesn't really change much.
There is more stuff. Maybe I should start a thread at the forums? Hell, we may need a new template for A:EftP conflicts.
--Milla 09:50, 23 April 2012 (PDT)
- Case-by-case is best, and I agree with pretty much all of your suggestions. The general guideline should be to take the more specific information as you did (Split-Tail clan from A:EFTP, Hrothar from E/A1). Also... Athron's gender was flipped earlier, right? Maybe we should just make that stuff canonical. Re dates: Maybe we can say they're using Old Aizoan reckoning or something, which is way out of style in the mainstream?
- Personally I'm wondering why Jeff would change that. The only difference I could see between Ermarian being in the 8th or 22nd century are that the latter feels more Sci-Fi and the former more medieval, even though the timeline of Ermarian is completely unrelated to ours. -- Arancaytar | Send Reply! --- That is not dead which can eternal lie... 13:00, 25 April 2012 (PDT)