One of Garzahd's friends
That's intriguing... I look forward to reading the story about that (or writing it if you won't). :) --- Arancaytar --- That is not dead which can eternal lie... 21:36, 31 Aug 2005 (CEST)
Jerry, a lot of the stuff you added has more to do with other subjects (like the Tower of Magi or Erika Redmark or the Five) than Solberg himself, and is already covered there. Basic Exile history can't really go in every entry. Also, try not to make stuff up (like dates), it's very easy to slip away from the canon.
We need to write in Wiki format, using brackets to indicate links and so on -- see Help:Editing for more on that. And please make sure you hit "Show preview" before you save your changes -- your formatting got really messed up and made most of the page unreadable.
For now, I'm reverting to the previous version by Arancaytar, and putting your text on this talk page. --- Slartucker 20:32, 4 February 2006 (CST)
I'm still writing about it.
I was going to continue to write as there is so much I could write. I know some of the other things are somewhat written elsewhere, but I was pretty much trying for a life story of sorts. On the Spiderweb forums, my user name is Archmage Solberg. I kinda got too interested in this character.
About the dates, I was just using dates found from other places within the encyclopedia (except for Solberg's birthdate).
- Solberg is definitely a great character to be interested in.
- A life story sounds like a good idea, but remember to keep it focused on Solberg. I've italicized part of your story, above. This entire italicized section describes events that Solberg was involved in, but it doesn't actually talk about Solberg at all. The paragraphs about Patrick and Erika leaving, in particular, don't have much to do with him. (There are also some things which either sound inaccurate, or actually conflict with what the game says. I put those in bold.) --- Slartucker 22:07, 4 February 2006 (CST)
That looks a lot better, and it's wiki formatted. Thanks for taking the time to revise it. I'm going to move it back to the entry now. --- Slartucker 10:48, 5 February 2006 (CST)
About Friends of Garzahd.
I have no real plans to write a full description anymore about Garzahd's friendship's with the five before their banishment. If you still want to write about it, it's all yours. Good luck. Signed for Jerry bush.
Cheeseball & Life Extension
- Why can't I use A4 canon? --Signed again for Jerry bush, 13 December 2006.
- Read what I said. "Is it A4 canon? Otherwise, it's got to go." A4 canon can get in*. Made-up stuff can't**.
- *So long as it doesn't contradict the rest of the series atrociously. If we had to update the game canon with each new game, we'd never get done with the fact-checking.
- **Without lengthy discussion and approval by senior members of the Blades community, who know what they're doing.
Well both Rone and Solberg are said in A4 to have extended their life magically. I know I might 'embelish' a bit, but what does it hurt. We know Rone and Solberg did it, I'm pretty sure X has done it and why not Erika the strongest of all. Arch-Mage Solberg 12:05, 13 December 2006 (PST)
- What does it hurt? Are you kidding? This is an encyclopedia. It is supposed to be a reliable and precise source of information from game canon. Reasonable extrapolation -- connecting the dots -- is one thing, but embellishing outside of those lines has no place at EE. --- Slarty 21:27, 13 December 2006 (PST)
Changes in last edit
Here are the things I did from the last edit.
- Removed Prolongation
- Changed spelling of Bloran to Bhoralon
- Changed spelling of City Shades to Black Shades
- Moved around some text to better fit the story
- Fixed some link issues
I'm sorry that I always mess up. I will try to do better from now on. Arch-Mage Solberg 10:14, 14 December 2006 (PST)
- Actually, this information is easily available using the "history" (on individual entries) and "diff" (on recent changes) features. EE does it automatically for you.
- A-M S, we certainly appreciate your positive attitude and your help. You have been making some useful contributions, like the Black Shade summaries. Just be careful not to make assumptions about things -- non-canon stuff will be edited mercilessly! Also, changes to the structure of the encyclopedia (such as a new template) really need to be proposed on a talk page before being implemented. (Now that this one is here, we may as well discuss it before doing anything about it, but usually it's useful to discuss before implementing.) --- Slarty 21:18, 14 December 2006 (PST)
- I just figured it would be, if not usefull, make the pages more sophisticated. I will discuss before ANY major changes.Arch-Mage Solberg 08:12, 15 December 2006 (PST)